If you`re a student heading for an Erasmus study abroad program, one of the most important documents you`ll need to complete is the learning agreement. The learning agreement sets out the courses you`ll study abroad and lays out the conditions for academic recognition of your time spent studying abroad once you return home.
Here`s a step-by-step guide to completing the learning agreement:
1. Start by downloading the learning agreement template from your university`s website. Make sure to check if there are any specific requirements or instructions for completing the form.
2. Fill in the personal details at the top of the form, including your name, student ID number, and contact information.
3. In the section labeled “Sending Institution,” fill in the name and contact details of your home university. In the “Receiving Institution” section, fill in the name and contact information of the university you`ll be attending during your study abroad program.
4. In the next section, titled “Study Programme Abroad,” list the courses you plan to take during your study abroad program. Be sure to include the course code, title, and number of credits for each course.
5. The next section, “During Mobility,” is where you`ll indicate the time period of your study abroad program. Fill in the start and end dates of your program.
6. In the “Before the Mobility” section, you`ll need to discuss your academic plans with both your home and host universities. This section includes a table where you`ll indicate how the courses you plan to take abroad will be recognized by your home university.
7. In the “After the Mobility” section, you`ll discuss how your academic work abroad will be recognized by your home university. This section includes a table where you`ll indicate the courses you completed and the grades you received while abroad.
8. Finally, both you and the representatives of your home and host universities will need to sign the learning agreement to confirm that you all agree to the terms laid out in the document.
9. Save a copy of the completed learning agreement for your records and provide a copy to both your home and host universities.
Completing the learning agreement may seem daunting at first, but it`s an important part of ensuring that your study abroad experience goes smoothly and that you receive academic recognition for your hard work. With this guide, you`ll be well on your way to completing the learning agreement for your Erasmus study abroad program.